- Repair your current vehicle...(instant financing available @ MOTORTECH)
- Buy another used vehicle...(can lose 25% of value)
- Buy a brand new vehicle...(can lose 30% of value)
You automatically lose 25% - 30% of the value of a vehicle as soon as you drive it off the car lot!
Go to the website Kelly Blue Book and compare the prices.
There are 3 potential expensive repairs on every vehicle.
- Transmission... A complete rebuilt unit will cost $1800 to $2200 on the average vehicle. Used units cost 41100 to $1600
- Paint Work...A good quality paint job cost approx. $1500 to $300 depending on the vehicle and whether there is damage or rust
- Engine...a complete remanufactured or rebuilt engine can cost $3000 to $5000 depending on the size and the type of vehicle. A good low mileage used engine will cost approx. $1900 to $2900
With an engine replacement you have three options.
- Remanufactured Unit...many parts are replaced and it comes with a 3 year or 36,000 mile warranty on parts and labor
- Rebuilt Unit...the worn parts are replaced and it comes with a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty on parts and labor
- Used Unit... with less than 80,000 miles, comes with a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty on parts and labor. High mileage has a 6 month warranty on the engine, but no labor coverage